Thanks to all the contributors to and supporters of Central City Development Corporation for your support of the work that we do. We'd like to share what we were able to accomplish this year because of your contributions.
Here is a summary of our community work:
- Weekly Lunch and Learns - These Lunch and Learns served to help individuals live fuller, richer, more meaningful lives. We conducted 50 sessions this year.
- The CommonWealth Project - These sessions help to harness the abundant resources in the community and target them to ensure that those in the community have access to resources, regardless of their ability to pay. We have recently gained access to a database that will allow us to serve a greater number of individuals. We conducted over 48 weekly session.
- CommonWealth University - We facilitated a 24-week Master Key class focused on prosperity
- We conducted coaching/mentoring sessions with 37 individuals in the community
- We conducted Health of the Helper Training for two congregations this year - Grace United Methodist Church and Living Truth Church
Here is a summary of our work in the education arena:
- DMACC - We presented Health of the Helper Training to students in three different programs who were seeking to improve their education and improve their standard of living. Like our Lunch and Learns, are training was designed to help individuals live fuller, richer, more meaningful lives.
- We had the opportunity to work with the staff of 2 schools this year, King Magnet School and Walnut Creek Alternative School
- We presented Health of the Helper Training to the staff at Des Moines Public Schools during their Professional Development Day
- We presented personal empowerment training to the new readers at the Drake university's annual New Reader's Conference
- We presented Health of the Helper Training to educators at the Risky Business Conference
- We presented Health of the Helper Training to a group of alumni of Central College
Here is a summary of our work in the human service field:
- We presented Health of the Helper Training to parents in the New Beginnings Family Self-Sufficiency class
- We presented Health of the Helper Training at the Parent Partners Conference
- We presented Bridges Out of Poverty to the United Way Loaned Executives
- We presented diversity training to the Department of Corrections education staff
We facilitated a retreat:
- Crossing Thresholds Retreat
- We hosted a visitor from Indianapolis who was interested in learning about the community work that we are doing
Here is a summary of the Boards and Councils were served on:
- Storybook Advisory Board
- Parent Partner Advisory Board
- Our Sacred Space Board
- Hopes Advisory Board
- Central College Alumni Advisory Council
- Tama Diversity Council
- National Community Resiliency Project
And thanks to you and your generous donations, we were able to provide all of the services above without charging one dime to those receiving them. A heartfelt thanks to you all and may your blessings continue in the new year!!!
Tony Wilson Director Central City Development Corporation